Monday, July 11, 2016

Around here this weekend...

Happy new week, blog friends!
And just like that, it's Monday morning! Come on in, I'll tell you about my weekend.


I'll have an assignment for hospice volunteer work soon, but until then my Fridays are free to do what I choose. Pretty much loving that right now! Carrie had a webinar to listen to, so she brought her laptop to my house and we listened together while we drew mandalas. A perfect Friday afternoon!!!

Doug was off scouting/camping with his brother this weekend, so I called my own shots. ;o) I attended a yin yoga class on Saturday morning at my favorite studio, and I made Mexican quinoa for dinner that night...


Doug is not a fan of quinoa, and I love this dish! So that was my dinner for Saturday night, and I froze the leftovers for future lunches.

Then, Saturday night, baby...


I had the Food Network on as background noise, and I sat on our couch (in Doug's spot - ha!) and drew a mandala. Gosh, time just slips by when I draw mandalas!

Sunday morning:


The flower bed at the corner of our patio was half-over-grown and half-almost-dead, with a healthy dose of unwanted grass spouting up. I was outside by 7:00 a.m. and spent the next three hours playing in dirt. Bliss.


I also might have gotten a little carried away with succulents. We'll see how they fare on our patio in the shade. Yesterday's high temp was 109°. Bla.


And now, a new week on the horizon. There's my usual schedule of yoga teaching mixed with corporate job duties, and fun stuff on the calendar for the upcoming weekend. Ha - living weekend to weekend these days. Maybe I'll get my first hospice volunteer assignment this week...I wonder...

Carry on and keep sweet thoughts.

6 comments:

Ruth said...

Funny what we choose what to eat when they're away ... The Boy Child and I do it all the time!

Sian said...

When the man in this house is away we choose lamb, or fish which I enjoy but don't get to eat very often.

Patio Postcards said...

Sounds like a fun filled weekend. I too enjoy an occasional overnight away for Mr Man - me & the fur girls certainly like to have the bed to ourselves & read until all hours. I am hopeful that our mail issues get resolved firmly this week so I can mail off the package of material to your friend. I have put off so it does not get lost in the strike upset ... happy week & I hope there are more mandalas.

alexa said...

Oh that sounds very relaxing ... Love those blues in your mandala. What amazing sunshine and temperatures. We have about 59F here and constant rain and it's supposed to be summer! I like the look of your quinoa dish .. Are those chickpeas in there?

Barbara Eads said...

I love having a weekend to myself! I have one coming up this weekend while my husband is off on a golfing outing with his friends. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet---the possibilities are endless!

Susanne said...

Sounds like a good weekend. Lovely mandala. I like quinoa too, just not as the main ingredient.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...